Nov 28, 2012
The Salt and the Light #3 (click to read) is now available in PDF format. It is meant to be printed "booklet-style" on two sheets of letter-size paper.
This is the third installment of a prose poetry project. This series is partly in response to the flood of "revelations" sent from the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (FLDS) to libraries throughout the world--including the one where I worked. It is also in response to the scriptures I read in my childhood, having been raised in the [Salt Lake] Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS, or "Mormons").
Anyone interested in becoming an active participant in this project should "like" the Unorganized Church of No Gods for the Modern World on Facebook.
Nov 20, 2012
Take two? Revised? Revisited? Whatever, one of those.
Selections from the Holy Bible (including the Apocrypha)
In particular, I have a soft spot for the Elizabethan diction of the King James Version
- Psalms (inc. 151)
- Song of Solomon / Song of Songs
- Wisdom of Solomon
- Gospel of Matthew
- Gospel of Mark
- Gospel of Luke
- Acts of the Apostles
- Song of Myself, Walt Whitman
- Calamus, Walt Whitman
- Collected Works of Emily Dickinson (see index at bottom of page) (a new hymnal/psalter)
- Howl, Allen Ginsberg (Parts I & II, Part III, Footnote, Part III & Footnote audio)
- [Humanist Manifesto] (superseded by below)
- [Humanist Manifesto II] (superseded by below)
- Humanism and its Aspirations: Humanist Manifesto III
- The Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- [The Amsterdam Declaration] (superseded by below)
- Amsterdam Declaration 2002
- A Secular Humanist Declaration
As before, this is neither a complete list, nor a final one.